Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Senior Banquet

As I prepare to depart for a study of the past 50 years of aerospace, tonight I spent some time with a great bunch of future engineers. Proverbs 25:2 "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings." In a sense, this is a group of kings who know how to learn and search out a matter. In the words of Psalm 111:2, these guys know that ,"Great are the works of the LORD, studied by all who delight in them."

John is an impressive artist and a talented mind. He is the kind of physics student that you look forward to grading his tests because of the beauty of his free body diagrams. I even laminated his sketch of his mousetrap spring-powered vehicle design plan.

Michael is a legend. He was even the source of the 'Tips & Tricks' article in the Spring issue of Nspiring Times magazine.

Matt and I have some great rocket memories. A stand of trees were a bit too thick for their own good, so I went to the store and got an ax for the rocket team. After careful selection, Eagle scout Matt and I chopped down the tree that had his rocket stuck in the top branch.

Killian, the best dressed of the group, has possibly the keenest science and mathematical mind that I have ever taught. He is one of those guys that increases a teacher's motivation to teach, because anything I say, he remembers and learns and can apply it to new situations. There will be an aerospace engineering job waiting for Killian when he finishes the next level of education.

I'll miss being at the class of '08 graduation, but as I'm meeting astronauts and watching the Space Shuttle launch I'll be thinking about these guys and other wonderful seniors who will soon be freshmen again. Congratulations for all your hard work and praise God for the perseverance that comes from Him. My prayer for you is 2 Thess 3:5. Consider the past 4 years as joy... (James 1:2-5) "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." Ask God for wisdom.

No comments: