You know you are in Florida (specifically, the Space Coast) when...
- your wife and 10 year old go for a sunrise walk and see a hammerhead shark
(Some fishermen had caught it...twice)
- you take 4 of your kids up an observation tower to view the Space Shuttle and Apollo launch pads and when you look south several people are counting alligators.
- when you drive past a hybrid (diesel and electric) that get 42 feet per gallon. (It is the crawler that carries the Space Shuttle.)
- you have a great time playing shuffleboard in the afternoon with your 5th & 6th grade children.
- you don't quite have a heat stroke after playing tennis for 30 minutes at 6 o'clock at night.
- there is sand in the bath tub despite your best effort to hose everyone down before coming inside.
- you have dinner at 8 p.m. (the kids normal bedtime) because you are too busy playing in the ocean.